The Elizabeth Township Board of Commissioners will hold their May meeting on Monday, May 1st 2023, at 7:00 pm at the Elizabeth Township Municipal Building.
Board of Commissioners
Monday, May 1, 2023, 7:00 PM
Commissioner’s Meeting Agenda
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance & Moment of Silence
Executive Session Acknowledgement:
Monday April 10, 2023, at 7:15 pm
Monday April 17, 2023, at 6:30 pm
Budget, Finance, Grants, Legislation and General Government
Public Safety & Public Works
Sanitation & Stormwater
Recreation and Events
Lyssa Eberhardt – Allegheny Cleanways
Public Comment: See Sign-Up Sheet
Items for Consideration
Non-Expenditure Items (Consent Votes):
1. Motion to approve the Commissioner’s Meeting minutes dated April 3, 2023.
2. Motion to set a Condemnation Hearing for Monday May 15, 2023, at 5:30 pm for multiple properties within the township.
3. Motion to reapprove the subdivision from Vasko/Howell to create two parcels from lot #999-R-41 for conveyance. The property exists in a B-2 zoning district.
4. Motion to reapprove the subdivision from Thomas Heinrich to create two new parcels from the existing parcel numbers 1269-D-142 and 1269-D-131 for possible future conveyance. The property exists in an R-2 zoning district.
Expenditure Items (Roll Call Votes):
5. Motion to approve the Township Bill Warrant dated May 1, 2023, in the amount of $485,504.43.
6. Motion to approve the Sanitary Bill Warrant dated May 1, 2023, in the amount of $646,814.64. This amount includes payments for Sanitary Bond 2012, Sanitary Bond 2019A, and Sanitary Bond 2019B.
7. Motion to approve/deny the Conditional Use Application from Hyperion Midstream LLC for the Champion Compressor Station.
8. Motion to authorize Haywood Refrigeration Services to install a furnace and air conditioning unit in Building #2 at the Community center at a cost of $8,400.00.
9. Motion to authorize Haywood Refrigeration Services to install a mini-split and heat pump air conditioning unit in Building #3 at the Community center at a cost of $8,500.00.
10. Motion to authorize Haywood Refrigeration Services to install a mini-split air conditioning unit in the Township Manager’s office at a cost of $4,200.00.
11. Motion to ratify the vote from April 18, 2023, to hire seasonal employees at a rate of $18.00 per hour.
12. Motion to approve the payment of Pay Application #1 to Wreckcrew Demolition in the amount of $19,450.00. This payment is for the completed, grant-funded, demolitions of properties at 2073 and 2094 Smithdale Road.
13. Motion to authorize KLH Engineers to begin survey and design on the Jacktown Road Slide Repair project. These costs are supported by grant funding.
14. Motion to authorize KLH Engineering to begin plans and specifications for five Phase 1 MS4 Construction Projects.
15. Motion to purchase a server for the Police Department at a cost of $7,115.00 from Shiloh Services. The current server’s end of life is October 2023.
General Fund Bill Warrant:
Sanitary Bill Warrant: