The January 2023 Board of Commissioners meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 9th 20233 at 7:00 pm at the Elizabeth Township Municipal Building.
The agenda is below:
Board of Commissioners
Monday, January 9, 2023, 7:00 PM
Commissioner’s Meeting Agenda
Call to Order
Pledge of Allegiance & Moment of Silence
Executive Session Acknowledgement:
December 12, 2022, at 5:30 pm
December 29, 2022, at 7:00 pm
January 6, 2023, at 5:30 pm
Public Safety & Public Works
Sanitation & Stormwater
Comprehensive Plan & General Government
Public Comment: See Sign-Up Sheet
Motion to adopt Resolution 2023-01 to authorize Township Manager, Greg Butler, to submit a Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement, submit future modifications to the Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement, and submit future applications for traffic signal approval to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT).
Motion to approve Resolution 2023-02 authorizing the execution of the First Amendment to the Consent Order from The Department of Environmental Protection. This amendment extends the construction completion date for the two pump stations to December 31, 2023.
Items for Consideration
Non-Expenditure Items (Consent Votes): None
1. Motion to approve the Commissioner’s Meeting minutes dated December 5, 2022.
2. Motion to approve the Commissioner’s Workshop Meeting minutes dated October 17, 2022.
3. Motion to approve the Commissioner's Workshop Meeting minutes dated November 21, 2022.
4. Motion to approve/deny the Heracles Pipeline and Interconnect Condition Use Application from Hyperion Midstream, LLC.
5. Motion to approve the subdivision request from Tim Vasko and Howell Brothers Inc. to create two parcels from the existing parcel #999-R-41. The created parcel will be conveyed from Howell to Vasko.
6. Motion to approve the lot consolidation request from Walter Adams to combine two parcels at 1746 Sahara Street (#1569-D-185 & 1569-D-189). The consolidation will create a larger lot for the existing residence.
Expenditure Items (Roll Call Votes)
1. Motion to approve the Township Bill Warrant dated January 9, 2023, in the amount of $586,466.08.
2. Motion to approve the Sanitary Bill Warrant dated January 9, 2023, in the amount of $268,774.54.
3. Motion to approve Bond Requisition #17 for the Series of 2019B Bond in the amount of $88,113.26.
4. Motion to appoint Commissioner Chris Thoma as the SHACOG Alternate effective January 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023.
5. Motion KLH Engineers to prepare bid specifications for LED traffic light conversions at Boston Bridge and Lovedale intersections. The light conversions are being funded through a Green Light Go Grant.
6. Motion to authorize KLH Engineers to prepare a Sanitary Rate Study to determine future Sanitation rates for the township.
7. Motion to forgive the $764.00 Administrative Fee from the China Fortune Restaurant fee schedule based on an agreement from 2017.
8. Motion to appoint Larry Vota to the Elizabeth Township Zoning Hearing Board for the term beginning January 1, 2023 and ending December 31, 2027.
9. Motion to appoint Russ Verbanec to the Elizabeth Township Zoning Hearing Board for the term beginning January 1, 2023 and ending December 31, 2027.
10. Motion to appoint Kathie Fawcett to the Elizabeth Township Planning Commission for the term beginning January 1, 2023 and ending December 31, 2026.
11. Motion to appoint Emil Burak to the Elizabeth Township Planning Commission for the term beginning January 1, 2023 and ending December 31, 2026.
12. Motion to authorize the Elizabeth Township Civil Service Commission to test Chief Honick for Civil Service status.
13. Motion to authorize the purchase of two F600 Dump Trucks for the Public Works Department through the COSTARS purchasing program at a total cost of $240,680.00. American Rescue Act funds will be used for this purchase. These trucks will replace the existing Dodge Ram trucks that have major mechanical issues and unavailable parts.
14. Motion to authorize General Code to codify Ordinances 938 through 968, to update the published Township Code at a cost not to exceed $7,585. These Ordinances were passed between October 1, 2018, through November 1, 2021.
15. Motion to enter into a Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement with Pennsylvania Department of Transportation. This agreement is necessary for township application to the 2023 Green Light Go Grant.
16. Motion to increase the Administrative Assistant hourly wage to $20.00 per hour effective January 1, 2023.
17. Motion to increase the Building Inspector yearly salary to $77,300 effective January 1, 2023.
18. Motion to increase the Township Manager yearly salary to $100,000 effective January 1, 2023.
19. Motion to increase the Chief of Police yearly salary to $117,000 effective January 1, 2023.
20. Motion to increase the Elizabeth Township School Crossing Guard hourly wage to $15.00 per hour. The Elizabeth Forward School Board has approved payment of half this cost.
21. Motion to promote Officer Art Brunazzi to a Class B patrolman as per the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
22. Motion to ratify the Board of Commissioners vote from December 17, 2022, to purchase a Ford F-150 at a cost of $31,303.74
23. Motion to purchase a Generac generator from Kelly Generator and Equipment, Inc. for the Duncan Station Pump Station at a cost not to exceed $50,000.00.
24. Motion to authorize Ackenheil Engineers, Inc. to perform landslide investigations on seven (7) slides on Jacktown Road at a cost of $36,170.00.
25. Motion to authorize Tom Methven to place bids on the Ritchie Brothers Auction Site for a used bucket truck. Bids will not exceed $140,000.00. American Rescue Plan Act funds will be used for this purchase.
26. Motion to approve payment of Payment Application #2 for A. Liberoni, Inc at a cost of $34,097.95.
27. Motion to approve payment of Payment Application #2 for Fuller Home Building, Inc. at a cost of $49,218.75. This payment is for the municipal garage roof replacement.
General Fund Bill Warrant:
Sanitary Bill Warrant: