Please read the information below on the eligibility and criteria to apply for COVID-19 Utility Assistance.
About the Allegheny County COVID-19 Utility Assistance Program:
· Pennsylvania American Water’s water and wastewater customers in Allegheny County may qualify for utility assistance through the Allegheny County COVID-19 Utility Assistance Program.
· The program provides utility bill payment assistance to homeowners and renters who are facing higher, or outstanding, water and wastewater bills due to COVID-19.
· For customers who are eligible, this program might cover all or a portion of your outstanding Pennsylvania American Water bill from April 1, 2020 through July 2021.
· The program is being administered through Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. – Pennsylvania American Water’s utility assistance partner.
· To be eligible, customers’ household finances must have been negatively impacted by COVID-19, and their monthly household income must be at or below 80 percent of the Allegheny County Average Median Income (see table below). Applicants are required to submit income documentation with their application.
Family Size Maximum Monthly Income
1 $ 4,947
2 $ 5,656
3 $ 6,364
4 $ 7,067
5 $ 7,635
6 $ 8,203
7 $ 8,765
8 $ 9,333
· Funding is only available to households located in Allegheny County that are not residents of the City of Pittsburgh or City of McKeesport.
· The applicant, or a member of the applicant’s household, must be a citizen or qualified alien of the United States of America
· Assistance will not be provided to applicants for amounts that have already been paid directly by, or are pending payment, by the applicant or by any other federal, state, or local sources.
How to Apply:
· If you are eligible, do not wait to apply. Available funding will be distributed on a first come, first served basis.
· Apply today to the Allegheny County COVID-19 Utility Assistance Program using the Dollar Energy Fund MyApp page: That URL is hardshiptools.org/MyApp/Index.aspx.
· This application is the only way to apply.
Required documents to apply include:
o Completed COVID-19 Impact Statement (form provided in application process)
o Copy of current utility bill for account number verification
o Supporting documentation for verification of household income at or below 80% of Allegheny County Average Median Income
For more information, visit https://www.dollarenergy.org/need-help/pennsylvania/allegheny/